Saturday, June 28, 2008

Yuit Ping’s Birthday Celebration!

I had a great day today.

It’s weird that I’m going out during weekdays instead of using the computer but there are exceptions like Yuit Ping’s birthday. But then again, I didn’t regret it. It was so fun; I was still thinking about it even when I got home.

Amy, Joey and I planned a “special” birthday surprise for Yuit Ping. It started with Amy finding a necklace that her sister didn’t want so that we can treat it as a “fake” birthday present to give to Yuit Ping.

Yuit Ping’s reaction was naturally shocked when she received it probably because it’s quite a “small” present for 3 people to give. Our main aim was to make her not to like the present but it somehow backfired because she told me later that she sort of like it. But she would have preferred if Amy didn’t tell her the origin of the necklace.

So the next day we went out to celebrate her birthday as we had Chinese Oral on Yuit Ping’s birthday. Poor girl, she had Oral and Culture Fiesta Night on her birthday. I didn’t go to CFN though; I was sleeping at home throughout the celebration… Haha…

At first we had decided to go to Marina Square and K Box on Yuit Ping’s birthday but there was some sort of disagreement about it. However, when we were on our way there, we decided on going according to plan again.

We went there and had lunch; I had laksa that had some prawns that Amy took a long time to peel using spoon and fork. And Amy and Yuit Ping had so kind of “entertainment” watching me eating the laksa because it’s pretty hot… >.>

We went searching for K Box after that and we passed by The Wallet Shop on the way. I acted as though I wanted to go inside and Amy acted as though she wanted to buy a new pencil case. In fact, everything was going according to plan and we were acting so normal that Yuit Ping did not suspect a thing.

So Amy bought a matching pencil case for Yuit Ping’s new wallet and we proceeded on finding K Box. When we reached, there was quite a long queue and I spotted a poster having some kind of promotion for anyone who is celebrating his or her birthday.

Pity I didn’t know so I could booked in advance thus we went on with the normal package. When I was searching for the room, I saw some rooms with similar number to my room, so I looked inside those rooms by chance and found that it’s pretty spacious.

I was so excited; I did a little jog to find the room. When I found it, I pushed the door open and was stunned by the sight I saw, the room was HUGE, and it’s so HUGE it’s BIGGER than my room…

I ran out again to tell the others and once Yuit Ping and Joey got inside, they started taking out their handphones to snap photos of the room. I too took one picture of it…


The HUGE K Box room

So I was the only one who took the controller and started searching for songs with Yuit Ping telling me what songs she wanted to sing. However, she was reluctant to open her mouth and sing so I started saying that she had known all the people in this room for at least a year, in fact she known Amy and Joey since she’s Sec 1 and she known me since kindergarten.

Soon, I could see that Yuit Ping was enjoying herself a lot although previously she was a little reluctant to come to K Box to sing. But I reassured her by saying that I will sing with her… See… Carrot is “good” to use… =.=

However, we took a long time to make Amy and Joey sing, especially Joey. But she sang after all. Come on, what’s so embarrassing about it? I was even made to sing without the original singer singing. I sang wrong a lot of times but I don’t care! XD

However, I almost had no voice after singing for so long. I sang about 80% - 90% of the songs. Yuit Ping sang more than half and Amy and Joey hardly sang any. >.>

When we had to leave K Box soon, Yuit Ping and I went to the toilet, followed by Amy and Joey. I thought that it would be a perfect excuse for Amy to buy the cake since she’s separated from Yuit Ping but she forgot about it!!!

So we had to forgo the cake and after we went out of K Box, we sang a Birthday song for Yuit Ping in English and Chinese. Amy took out the plastic bag containing the pencil case after that, handed it to me, and I suddenly turned around and said “Happy Birthday!” to Yuit Ping while handing her the plastic bag.

Yuit Ping had a shock of her life when she knew that the pencil case is the “real” present. Probably if someone else handed her the present, the shocking effect will be less… Probably because my expression is weird?

We went home after that.

As usual, Amy and I were strolling all the way when we passed by a cake shop. I paused and asked Amy whether we should buy a cake for Yuit Ping. She said, “Yes” and chose a small cake for Yuit Ping (the rest are really expensive). I immediately dashed off to the cashier, paid for the cake and headed for the MRT station where Yuit Ping and Joey were waiting for us.

When I handed the cake to Yuit Ping, she got another shock again. XD

Plan accomplished!

But then again, why am I always the one handing the presents and cake to Yuit Ping? But without me, the effect wouldn’t be that good, would it?

No comments:

Post a Comment