Friday, December 5, 2008

Joey's Birthday Celebrations!

Joey's Birthday is on 17th November, however, dear Yuit Ping is sick so we had to shift all our plans a week later on 27th & 28th November...

On Joey's actual birthday, Amy & I gave Joey a surprise by going to her house without telling her that we're coming.

But it's not fun, Joey don't even look surprised, just slightly puzzled... >.>

Because Yuit Ping is sick, I helped to change our plans to plan B that I thought suddenly. Haha! XD

  • If Yuit Ping isn't sick, Yuit Ping & I will be meeting Joey for a simple lunch on her actual birthday at Lot 1.(because the next 2 days that we're celebrating her birthday will cost a lot of money! $$$)
  • Amy, who said that she wouldn't be coming because she's preparing to go for the grad nite (the 3 of us didn't go), will suddenly appear and pass Joey her big, big bunny present.
  • We'll also be buying Joey a tiny chocolate cake (supposing to make Joey disappointed) and wish her "Happy Birthday!"

However, since Yuit Ping is sick, Amy & I brought the
big, big bunny present and the tiny chocolate cake to Joey's house and gave her.
Instead of being disappointed because of the tiny cake, Joey was rather happy.
Amy & I concluded that only Yuit Ping would make a fuss out of it! Haha! XD


On 27th November, when Yuit Ping is finally fully recovered and I ended up with a slight sore throat X_x, we went to Jurong Point to eat Japanese buffet. It wasn't as much fun as it was when I first went with Li Yi. I realised that my taste and theirs are totally different and they can't eat a lot either...

After that, Amy & I did our disappearing trick (because we walked really slow), and bought the
bigger Cheese cake for Joey (if Joey was disappointed with the tiny chocolate cake, it will be more fun! XD).

Next, we tried to find a place to take Neoprints.
To make a long story short...
Jurong Point? No!
Jurong Entertainment Centre? No!
Causeway Point? No!
Lot 1? Yes! But there's only one pathetic Neoprint machine that isn't very good either...

Because my grandma went out and she wouldn't be back till night, and my mother will be outside eating dinner too, there will be nobody at home till at night. And somehow it ended up with me going to Amy's house but Yuit Ping and Joey wanted to come along too because they had never been to Amy's house.

When we reached Amy's house, I took out the relight candles for Joey to place on the cake.
Nobody dared to light the candles except for Amy.
When Joey was suspicious that the candles were relight candles, we pretended that we didn't know anything.
And waited for her to blow the candles, and blow the candles again, and again! Haha! Of course they couldn't be blown out!!!

Later on at night, Yuit Ping and Amy vanished into Amy's bedroom t
o write the Birthday Card for Joey.
If Amy had suceeded in asking Wu Chun to sign the
Birthday Card, then we'll be giving to Joey on the last day of celebrations.
Since before Amy could even ask she's being stopped by the people beside Wu Chun so we gave the
Birthday Card to Joey later that night.


On 28th November, the most fun day because we went to Sentosa (suggested by Joey herself so if anything went wrong just blaim Joey! Haha! XD).

And it's also the day when I started taking photos... >.>

Sadly, since Amy had a job interview, we had to go to Sentosa first without her.

Yuit Ping, Joey & I met at Choa Chu Kang MRT station (I'm not late! Joey is the latest! :D). We passed Joey her
last and final present (4 in a row) before proceeding to Vivocity to have our lunch. (Actually, I'm the only one who's hungry cause I didn't ate anything.)

The last time I went to Vivocity, which is just a few days ago on Monday, I saw someone eating some kind of vegetable rice so I bought it. It's called Thunder Tea rice. Anyone who knows me knows that I like to eat vegetables~ :D
The rice is nice but the soup is yucky... X_x (Some kind of tea smell, but it's horrible.)

Yuit Ping and Joey bought the same food, U-Mian, but neither of them can finish it (if I didn't remember wrongly).

Then it's off to Sentosa by sitting on the Sentosa expressway at Vivocity (my first time sitting).

When the expressway finally arrived, I snatched for the seats and poor Yuit Ping had to sit in the middle of the 2 seats (with the hole in the middle). The expressway is kind of slow and when it slowly passed by some cruises, I suddenly asked the both of them whether they wanted to go on cruise together next time, the four of us.
They agreed.

Because previously we said we wanted to play sand so we alighted at the last stop, the Beach Station. Actually there were trams that we could take, but because I felt like walking and looking at the surroundings so I didn't want to take the trams...

And so we walked, and walked, and walked under the hot Sun. We saw some bikes and wanted to rent them at first, however, if we rent the bikes that means we had to return the bikes and we're not familiar with the surroundings.

And so we walked, and walked, and walked under the hot Sun. And passed by some teenagers playing with balloons like bursting the balloons (my ears... T.T).

After a long time, we finally walked to Underwater World. But since our budget is limited, we didn't go in, we just looked at the things outside. Actually along the way to Underwater World we passed by a game that Joey said she wanted to play but since it's expensive, we just walked on.

We continued walking and entered a place that requires tickets so we were "chased out" nicely.

After walking for about an hour, the three of us were exhausted and decided to take the bus. But before taking the bus, we went to a drinks stall to buy canned drinks. 2 for $2.20 if I'm not wrong, there were more expensive ones but since there's a discount, so we bought it. One Coke and one Ice Lemon Tea.

I have a wonderful memory don't I?

We took the bus and I anyhow mentioned that we should go to the Merlion and so we did... >.>

However, we alighted one stop earlier and because Yuit Ping refuses to walk so we waited for the next bus to arrive. (Note that Joey doesn't talk much because she usually don't have much opinions...)
When we boarded the next bus with the correct line and alighted at the Merlion stop, we realised we made a very stupid mistake because if we didn't take the bus, it would only take us less than 3 minutes to walk to the Merlion stop.

And so we walked, and walked, and walked under the hot Sun to the Merlion. But sort of made a detour because we walked the wrong way... >.>


The Merlion, it looks kind of fierce...


From another angle.

Since we're at Sentosa, we felt that it's a pity not to do any of the attractions so we did one, the Merlion!

When we went inside it's so dark and cooling.

Yuit Ping and Joey got so scared when a person walked by that they scared me in the process... >.>


It's kind of dark.
Not that I mind, at least it's better than the Sun...


And there are lots of Mermaid photos inside...


This is taken with flash, if my handphone camera didn't have flash, I couldn't even see the words.
Yuit Ping is smart because she made use of my handphone light so that her photos wouldn't be dark either. Same as me, we didn't brought a real camera, only Joey did.


This is what I meant by dark...


And more Mermaids...


And seashells??


There are dragons too...


And I had no idea what this creature is.
They took photos of it so I just followed suit.


Now this is creepy...


Yay! My shirt glowed in the dark, Yuit Ping's shirt too!
Only Joey's shirt didn't glowed cause she wore black shirt... to Sentosa... That girl is crazy...


My shirt... XD


Some kind of skeleton's head??


The view on top of the Merlion...


The other direction. Just testing to see what's below because the Sun is really glaring! I should have brought my sunglasses... Baka Carrot...


Look at the thing down there, we'll be going there next! XD


And so here we're playing with water?? Haha!
Since there were people already playing inside, we stepped inside and Joey and I walked a short distance.

However the real fun only started when Amy came and we had no better place to go but here!
Why is that so?
Because Amy is the only one who will accompany me to got through all the paths, even if there's a tunnel.
I didn't really care if I'm wet because I'm already wet before Amy started playing with me.
On my second attempt (when Amy's there) on trying out the water paths (or whatever it's called), I slipped and fell because I was too confident that I don't need to hold on to anything.

Amy got wet in the end too! But she's worst than me cause she's wearing jeans and when jeans get wet, it's really heavy but I'm only wearing a short shorts.

Now back to the part where Joey and I were walking a short distance in the water and Amy wasn't there yet...


We left the Merlion and passed by all this statues.
By the way, we got gifts for visiting the Merlion.
Joey got a keychain (not fair).
Yuit Ping and I got a plastic fan.
And there's also a poster...


The back of the Merlion.
Looks pretty artistic! XD


And a mousey??


I don't know what's that, just some tall thing...


And a patch of flowers when we were taking the escalator up...

That was the place where my mother previously brought me to eat lobster laksa. XD

When we were walking and somehow walked to the cable cars and was about to go back to beach station because Amy had arrived at Sentosa, a person talked to me and asked me to do a survey about the transport that I took at Sentosa and the places that I went, even the timing... >.>

But after that survey, I got a keychain too! Now only Yuit Ping didn't have a keychain so she was not happy...

Then we went to beach station to wait for Amy...

When we were at the beach station we saw...


A peacock... XD




And another more beautiful peacock!



After that, the four of us went to the real beach and sat on some chairs, we figured that it wasn't very fun at the beach (and I refused to play with the sand because I got bitten by an ant...), so we went to the water path. (Scroll up)

Amy wasn't very happy at first, it's a tiring day for her and she didn't want to come to Sentosa at first, however, we had a
LOT OF FUN at the water path! XD

When we were about to leave Sentosa, another person asked me to do the same survey! But since Amy had a different schedule from us, she took the survey. But she didn't want the keychain. And Yuit Ping who wanted the keychain very badly took it...

Later at night, we went to Vivocity to have our dinner at yet another Japanese restaurant. (Never give Joey to choose because she will always choose a Japanese restaurant...)

I ordered Curry Soba (never tried before) and it's my first time eating Soba that's not cold!

But after finishing the Soba, even all the Curry, I was still somewhat hungry and I noticed Yuit Ping is rather full so... I ate her food. XD Actually, she offered me... But for some reason I'm really hungry.

And yah, this is the first time that Amy ordered Curry and she didn't followed me. XD So I'm not the only one eating Curry, besides it's not hot, just a little spicy compared to the usual Japanese Curry, or maybe it's because of my sore throat?


Oh wait, before we went to eat, we somehow walked to the third floor and took the sunset and the Christmas tree!
It's beautiful~






This was taken after we ate and because I mentioned to Amy the previous day that we should go to the top floor and looked at the the night sky.

And we walked in the waters again.

Yuit Ping and Amy thought the waters were rather deep so they didn't want to go further.
Joey and I assured them that the waters were not very deep. Besides, if I was not scared they had no reason to be scared because I can't swim either, I can only float! XD

And we sat by the waters for a while, eating the crackers I exchanged from the arcade (wasted my money...) but in the end we didn't sit for long because there were ants.

Suddenly, I didn't feel like going home and I asked them whether they wanted to stay overnight. Amy agreed but Yuit Ping and Joey were reluctant because they were certain that their parents wouldn't allow them.

So we decided to go to East Coast and stay overnight.

But the next Monday when Yuit Ping, Amy and I met to play basketball, I suddenly don't feel like going to East Coast to stay overnight, instead, I want to go K-Box and sing because I sang at Aunty Cynthia's Condo Karaoke Room.

No comments:

Post a Comment