Saturday, November 20, 2010

Fantasy World


This was my dream,
When I was young

Secretly hoping that one day I would receive my very first Pokemon,
And set on a journey that no one would ever believe,

Or praying silently in my bedroom,
That Dumbledore would appear with a *poof*
With a curious-looking letter that says
I'm accepted in "Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry".


Why then, have we lost our courage to dream
When we start to grow up slowly?

Why then, have we been blinded by society's demands
And work for a reason that we don't even believe?

Why then, have we lost our innocence
To believe that as long as we try, nothing is impossible?


For every time we say "I don't believe",
Something out there might have died without our knowledge.

We deny its existence,
We deny our very own existence,
That we can be here for even greater things.


What are the greater things?
Search your soul, and ask your very self
How exactly do you want to live your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment