Sunday, January 22, 2012

我要飛 I Wanna Fly - F.I.R. 飛兒樂團

An oldies which I love. I first heard it when I was 12, that's 8 years ago.

An image from F.I.R.'s first lyrics book

Let's talk about some old memories. :) When I first say Faye, I was thinking there must be something pressing on her smiling nerve. She doesn't seem to be one who loves to smile. So when I saw "Fly Away" MV and she was smiling in it, I was so happy I did a back flip!

Faye immediately became my favourite among the 3 of them. I have no idea why. Probably because she's the main singer, probably because I like her voice, but most probably because she's more loveable.


Background information about "I Wanna Fly"

I heard about it from a variety show that they went. "I Wanna Fly" was written by Real for Faye when she was feeling very down. So the first recorded version of the song display hints of anger, probably only noticeable to Faye. She said that she's unable to sing with the same anger in her now.

The lyrics are rather compact because I didn't want to break them up. The translation looks better that way. And I must say, this is the nicest translation in English among all the other lyrics I have ever translated. Simple and straight to the point lyrics that gives one energy.


Song: I Wanna Fly (我要飛 Wo Yao Fei)
Album: I Wanna Fly - Path to Dream All Record (我要飛 - 尋夢之途全紀錄)

我要飛 飛越傷悲 一種接近光的感覺
Wo yao fei fei yue shang bei yi zhong jie jin guang de gan jue
(I want to fly, fly pass sadness, a type of feeling that’s close to light)

自由是夢想 無邊無際的能源
Zi you shi meng xiang wu bian wu ji de neng yuan
(Freedom is a dream, an energy without boundaries)

我敢飛 有夢就追 一種驕傲尊嚴的美
Wo gan fei you meng jiu zhui yi zhong jiao ao zun yan de mei
(I dare to fly, to chase if I have a dream, a type of beauty with pride and dignity)

巨大的考驗 現在就要跨越
Ju da de kao yan xian zai jiu yao kua yue
(The huge challenge, I’m going to cross over it now)

飛 飛 飛 飛 飛 飛我想飛
Fei fei fei fei fei fei wo xiang fei
(Fly Fly Fly Fly Fly Fly, I wish to fly)

追 追 追 追 追 絕不後退
Zhui zhui zhui zhui zhui jue bu hou tui
(Chase Chase Chase Chase Chase, absolutely no turning back)

飛 飛 飛 飛 飛 飛我想飛
Fei fei fei fei fei fei wo xiang fei
(Fly Fly Fly Fly Fly Fly, I wish to fly)

我要用力飛 不管有多遠 超越了極限 挑戰的冒險
Wo yao yong li fei bu guan you duo yuan chao yue le ji xian tiao zhan de mao xian
(I want to fly with all my might, no matter how far it is, surpassing limits, and challenges of the risk)

我要勇敢追 奔向到終點 痛過的淚水 換來是甜美
Wo yao yong gan zhui ben xiang dao zhong dian tong guo de lei shui huan lai shi tian mei
(I want to chase bravely, rush to the goal, the painful tears, will be exchanged with sweetness)

我要用力飛 不管有多遠 超越了極限 挑戰的冒險
Wo yao yong li fei bu guan you duo yuan chao yue le ji xian tiao zhan de mao xian
(I want to fly with all my might, no matter how far it is, surpassing limits, and challenges of the risk)

我要勇敢追 奔向到終點 痛過的淚水 換來是甜美
Wo yao yong gan zhui ben xiang dao zhong dian tong guo de lei shui huan lai shi tian mei
(I want to chase bravely, rush to the goal, the painful tears, will be exchanged with sweetness)

我要飛
Wo yao fei
(I want to fly)

我要飛 飛越傷悲 一種接近光的感覺
Wo yao fei fei yue shang bei yi zhong jie jin guang de gan jue
(I want to fly, fly pass sadness, a type of feeling that’s close to light)

自由是夢想 無邊無際的能源
Zi you shi meng xiang wu bian wu ji de neng yuan
(Freedom is a dream, an energy without boundaries)

我敢飛 有夢就追 一種驕傲尊嚴的美
Wo gan fei you meng jiu zhui yi zhong jiao ao zun yan de mei
(I dare to fly, to chase if I have a dream, a type of beauty with pride and dignity)

巨大的考驗 現在就要跨越
Ju da de kao yan xian zai jiu yao kua yue
(The huge challenge, I’m going to cross over it now)

飛 飛 飛 飛 飛 飛我想飛
Fei fei fei fei fei fei wo xiang fei
(Fly Fly Fly Fly Fly Fly, I wish to fly)

追 追 追 追 追 絕不後退
Zhui zhui zhui zhui zhui jue bu hou tui
(Chase Chase Chase Chase Chase, absolutely no turning back)

飛 飛 飛 飛 飛 飛我想飛
Fei fei fei fei fei fei wo xiang fei
(Fly Fly Fly Fly Fly Fly, I wish to fly)

我要用力飛 不管有多遠 超越了極限 挑戰的冒險
Wo yao yong li fei bu guan you duo yuan chao yue le ji xian tiao zhan de mao xian
(I want to fly with all my might, no matter how far it is, surpassing limits, and challenges of the risk)

我要勇敢追 奔向到終點 痛過的淚水 換來是甜美
Wo yao yong gan zhui ben xiang dao zhong dian tong guo de lei shui huan lai shi tian mei
(I want to chase bravely, rush to the goal, the painful tears, will be exchanged with sweetness)

我要飛
Wo yao fei
(I want to fly)

我要用力飛 不管有多遠 超越了極限 挑戰的冒險
Wo yao yong li fei bu guan you duo yuan chao yue le ji xian tiao zhan de mao xian
(I want to fly with all my might, no matter how far it is, surpassing limits, and challenges of the risk)

我要勇敢追 奔向到終點 痛過的淚水 換來是甜美
Wo yao yong gan zhui ben xiang dao zhong dian tong guo de lei shui huan lai shi tian mei
(I want to chase bravely, rush to the goal, the painful tears, will be exchanged with sweetness)

我要用力飛 不管有多遠 超越了極限 挑戰的冒險
Wo yao yong li fei bu guan you duo yuan chao yue le ji xian tiao zhan de mao xian
(I want to fly with all my might, no matter how far it is, surpassing limits, and challenges of the risk)

我要勇敢追 奔向到終點 痛過的淚水 換來是甜美
Wo yao yong gan zhui ben xiang dao zhong dian tong guo de lei shui huan lai shi tian mei
(I want to chase bravely, rush to the goal, the painful tears, will be exchanged with sweetness)

我要飛
Wo yao fei
(I want to fly)

飛 飛 飛 飛 飛 飛我想飛
Fei fei fei fei fei fei wo xiang fei
(Fly Fly Fly Fly Fly Fly, I wish to fly)

追 追 追 追 追 絕不後退
Zhui zhui zhui zhui zhui jue bu hou tui
(Chase Chase Chase Chase Chase, absolutely no turning back)

飛 飛 飛 飛 飛 飛我想飛
Fei fei fei fei fei fei wo xiang fei
(Fly Fly Fly Fly Fly Fly, I wish to fly)

我想飛
Wo xiang fei
(I wish to fly)

No comments:

Post a Comment