Sunday, May 6, 2012

Phobia of Posting and Pottermore Part 2

Meh.

I still can't get over the phobia of posting on my own blog. I shall boost my confidence a little by typing a lengthy post. Why oh why? Just because there are mysterious people reading it and judging you thus you're scared? You silly Carrot. As if people will spend so much time trying to think about a person they barely know, well actually they do. *Sigh*

But I like my blog. It's like part of me since it has been with me since 2008/2009. So should I be happy that part of me is well-liked?



Hmm okay, let's see. I shall start with a random fact of myself.

I type my blog posts in private browsing because I have two Google accounts. One is used for a customised iGoogle homepage background and Youtube account, while the other is for my blog. My Youtube account associated with my blog had been permanently banned because I uploaded self-made fan videos of Hot Shot. :(

Why Private Browsing?
Because it's too troublesome to log in and out of Google accounts constantly.

-----

More Pottermore Gibberish!

I don't mean to offend Pottermore in anyway. I can't think of a better heading.

After my last pottermore post, I've spent one more week on it and I was tired of duelling and potions making. I think I understand why now that Ravenclaw is the only house whose top students are not in the overall leaderboard. I'm thinking most of us probably understand there are other more important things to do in life than pottermore, that's why we stopped. Besides, you aren't proving anything much by winning the house cup in pottermore.

Games are after all a repetitive process and you'll tend to get better at it if you keep playing it. And that's pretty much how much you gained from games, muscle memory.

Another curious fact from Ravenclaw is that we have the least number of students sorted into it. Is that a reflection of the number of smart, eccentric and individualistic people living in this world?

After I've gotten my house sorting results from pottermore, I was really excited about it. Reading the welcome letter made me feel I was not sorted into the wrong house. It seems everything has fallen into place nicely till the point I was sorted into my house.

I chose a username with Wolf and the colour of Bronze. Wolf symbolises individualistic and brown, a colour similar to bronze, is one of the colours of Ravenclaw. I've gotten myself a Brown Owl as a pet. My wand description tells me I'm individualistic and a loner. And lastly I'm sorted into Ravenclaw. Maybe I'm reading too much, but after researching on Pottermore's sorting house analysis, I felt the quiz was pretty well done and I'm expecting more Ravenclaw traits to be revealed in me when I take future quizzes.

A house analysis I got from Pottermore Fan Forum
Credits to GingerbreadWitch

From her analysis, I was pretty much a mixture of Ravenclaw, Slytherin and Hufflepuff. There was barely any Gryffindor traits in me. I knew that all along though. Although most of Harry Potter fans like Gryffindor because it was the main focus in the film, I know I didn't fit in there. Courageous was not a word fitting for me. If my life was in danger, I would run away.

Judging from her analysis, if I chose just one different answer, just one. I would have been in a different house now. Seems like something strike me when I was doing the quiz on that day. Hufflepuff is not for me, I can be nice but that is not my purpose in life. Slytherin is not for me, unless I'm a little insane and decided to go to the bad side. Not implying that Slytherins are bad, I know there are many nice Slytherin around, but craving for power is never what I am made for.

And then there's Ravenclaw. The traits that were inborn with me but I never wish to admit because I was consumed by my own inferiority. I'm not the smartest, neither am I the wittiest. In fact I think you should not flaunt your knowledge because that will make it lose its value. After all, when you're attempting to correct others with your knowledge, that just goes to show how wise you are.

I like questioning. To the extent it might drive my friends mad. My mother was always complaining that I'm over-thinking because of all the crap I read online. To be honest, I filter out certain stuffs and some of the craps were from my own point of view. They evolved after I've read them. But honestly, when I'm happy, I'll stop questioning and just immerse in my own happiness. Questioning is only when I have nothing better to do in life, and I mean it.

My friend, on the other hand, after I analysed his results, was a straight Hufflepuff guy. No questioning that he treasures being kind and good more than anything else. 

Sidetrack...

As for my life now, I really like the game tester job that I had went for an interview recently. Never have I disliked weekends so much before because I wouldn't get any reply during weekends. I can't think of a better job for me now.

Back to Pottermore...

I've taken a test from other site regarding our alignments. Each alignment takes up two houses in Hogwarts. 



And I'm proud to announce I'm a mixture between Ravenclaw and Slytherin.

I like the answer. The results I get from Hogwarts house sorting is nothing like my Jung personality type. My Jung personality type is who I am. Whereas my house sorting is who I should strive to be to reach my maximum potential. I've known more about myself again from the alignment test. Yay! ^o^

The ten commandments for my alignment is interesting. Just a reference on how nonchalant I can be. 

The Ten Chaotic Neutral Commandments

A list of Ten Commandments for a chaotic neutral religion may look like this:

1. You shall lie to promote your freedom.

2. You shall not kill the innocent.

3. You shall not murder.

4. You shall help the needy if such action promotes your freedom.

5. You shall honor no authority above yourself.

6. You shall break the law whenever convenient.

7. You shall not betray others unless your life is in jeopardy.

8. You shall not aid enemies of freedom or those who promote law.

9. You shall pursue pleasure.

10. You shall promote unlimited freedom for yourself.


That's all. A pat on my shoulder for honouring my word by typing such a long post. Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment