Monday, July 9, 2012

Universal Studios Singapore Battlestar Galactica Cylon Ride

I spent the day at USS to celebrate my mother's birthday. She managed to get cheap tickets for all of us because it coincidentally happened to be her company's family day too. The night before I was not in the mood for any roller coaster rides. The thought of it made me unhappy. 想到就難過哎。

I started the day off with mild rides, two junior roller coasters, one in the form of a dragon and the other where your legs were dangling in the air. Enchanted airways and canopy flyer respectively.

I alighted the second with legs slightly jelly because I had height phobia and the pace of the ride was decent enough for me to enjoy the scenery.

The day continued with "Revenge of the Mummy" indoor roller coaster. I've taken it twice the previous times I came so I figured the third time wouldn't be that bad. I had a magical chant for myself to reduce some fear. "This thing will be over in 5 minutes. This thing will be over in 5 minutes." It didn't exactly lasted 5 minutes and the ride was shorter than the first time I took it. I happened to get a little adrenaline rush from the drop so I decided to attempt the 2nd most thrilling ride in the theme park.

Things didn't turn to our favour and lightning were spotted near the area. The ride was closed so that means another trip to the indoor roller coaster as we wait. During the ride, my cousin told me twice to "wake up" because I have a habitual sleeping pattern when I'm on the ride. Our photos were taken during the ride and my expression was always the same with my head bent down.

We ran back to the 2nd most thrilling ride and was "delighted" to find that the ride was open again. My cousin ran inside and I tagged along. Thinking I should at least try it since I have summoned up that teeny bit of courage. We were met with a technical fault again (the previous once was at the indoor roller coaster) when we were second in line.

The ride was closed down and we were given priority queue to Battlestar Galactica Cylon. 

Now that's madness.

I wasn't willing but my cousins were already in line. In fact I wasn't give too much time to think. I know I need to attempt one of the thrilling rides to exit the theme park victorious but I only had one choice now. Before I could weigh my chances, I was already in line and the ride arrived in minutes. Everyone settled down readily and I took some time figuring where should I place my glasses (not too willing to place it on the dirty floor but I was told to take them out and my slippers before the ride starts). That goes to show how "aggressive" the ride was if my glasses are not even allowed.

When I turned my head around, everyone was already seated and I sat down like a blind mice. I couldn't see the fastener clearly so I needed my cousin's help to fasten up my seat belt. The crew came to give us a final push to tighten the safety harness.

We lifted off and the camera captured our looks mere moments before we advanced upwards. My face was sour.

We went on a upwards slope and the moment we were near the top, I closed my eyes. I spent the rest of the ride with my eyes closed. Just mere moments into the ride, I could feel my body turning left and right and overflipping. After a while I lost count of how many times I overflipped, I only knew my head was tossed to the right when I was feeling so comfortable having it on the left.

The speed wasn't scary to me because it was constantly fast and smooth too. Having wind gushing against my bare feet is awesome. Getting flipped upside down isn't awesome but I really can't tell after the first turn. I don't feel any adrenaline rush probably because my eyes were closed.

When the ride slowed down, I knew it ended. It was barely a minute. I opened my eyes and I honestly thought I was upside down but after a while I realised I was the right side up. The ride had made my body felt disorientated.

When the safety harness lifted up, I noticed what the side effect was. My arms and legs were literally jelly. I didn't had the strength to push the harness up or even lifted myself out of the seat. I toppled over to the pillar at the side where my glasses and slippers were.

So that marks the end of the most "exciting" roller coaster ride I had taken to date.

Not including the side effects of muscleache the next day. My aunty explained that it was most likely due to my body tensing up during the ride. I had a hunch the air pressure against us during the ride was bad for us in the long run too. I wasn't intended to take that many roller coaster rides but I wanted to sit down and I didn't want to waste the ticket.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment