Wednesday, December 12, 2012

迷幻 Fantasy - 蔡依林 Jolin Tsai

It's a joy to search for photos from "Fantasy", she looks gorgeous in every shot.

The story of the MV takes place in the Garden of Eden, and Jolin played as Eve. In the place they live, every love is equal, regardless of your sexuality. By singing this song, Jolin truly played out her role as Goddess in our reality.

I had this song out on Monday but I wanted to make it perfect so I triple checked everything. I know "Fantasy" and "Colourful" isn't the exact translation of "迷幻" but those are translations I found in the song so I took it. The English translation turns out as beautiful as the original Chinese lyrics and I added in my own touch to make it straightforward.

The first time I heard this song, it brought tears to my eyes. Others never quite understood why. You wouldn't understand what's on the other side of the Earth if you have never been on it before. From a young age, I had always seen myself as weird. Trying so hard to keep on the natural flow of life. In the end, I recognised myself as weird but in a bad way. While others are proud of who they love, I have to shut my real heart to the world. Defining all love towards the same gender as platonic love. It never was that way but people don't understand.

I see guys loving Jolin wanting to make her their own, I see girls loving Jolin treating her as a respectable womanly subject. They are all righteous in their movements while I hide in the shadows. It is all a simple idea of attraction but because the same gender comes into play, no one tried to understand. "Fantasy" was released and I was touched that she doesn't find it creepy that there are homosexuals who love her. The song means so much to me, thank you Jolin Tsai.


Song: 迷幻 Fantasy
Album: Muse

你本來就名為快樂 自然的角色
Ni ben lai jiu ming wei kuai le zi ran de jiao se
You are originally named as happiness, a natural character

你應該看清楚自己 多麽地難得
Ni ying gai kan qing chu zi ji duo me de nan de
You should take a good look at yourself and realise you are hard to come by

愛若虛假 終將褪色
Ai ruo xu jia zhong jiang tui se
If love is fake, it will eventually fade in colour

你是陽光和雨交界 最美的顔色
Ni shi yang guang he yu jiao jie zui mei de yan se
You are the intersection between rain and shine, the most beautiful colour

你不該被懞懂眼神 無情地掃射
Ni bu gai bei meng dong yan shen wu qing de sao she
You shouldn’t be ruthlessly target by those ignorant glares

愛若真實 有何不可
Ai ruo zhen shi you he bu ke
If love is real, what’s there not to be

迷幻 世界都因你迷幻
Mi huan shi jie dou yin ni mi huan
Colourful, the world is colourful because of you

不平凡
Bu ping fan
Extraordinary

旋轉 世界都為你旋轉
Xuan zhuan shi jie dou wei ni xuan zhuan
Turning, the world is turning for you

不孤單
Bu gu dan
Never lonely

你是我的迷幻 你是我的驚嘆
Ni shi wo de mi huan ni shi wo de jing tan
You are my fantasy, you are my admiration

細緻的感性 大膽的性感
Xi zhi de gan xing da dan de xing gan
A delicate perception, a bold sexiness

你是我的迷幻 你是我的絢爛
Ni shi wo de mi huan ni shi wo de xuan lan
You are my fantasy, you are my gorgeous

細膩的感情 大塊的情感
Xi ni de gan qing da kuai de qing gan
Exquisite feelings, big chunk of emotions

而你證明了這是生命 流動的本色
Er ni zheng ming le zhe shi sheng ming liu dong de ben se
And you have proven that this is the natural flow of life

而你證明了許多生命 真與假的冷熱
Er ni zheng ming le xu duo sheng ming zhen yu jia de leng re
And you have proven the true face of compassion for many lives

我多愛你 相信你能
Wo duo ai ni xiang xin ni neng
How I love you, believing you can

你讓我去真的看見 特別的顔色
Ni rang wo qu zhen de kan jian te bie de yan se
You make me really see a special colour

現在你該相信自己
Xian zai ni gai xiang xin zi ji
Now you ought to believe in yourself

迷幻 世界都因你迷幻
Mi huan shi jie dou yin ni mi huan
Colourful, the world is colourful because of you

不平凡
Bu ping fan
Extraordinary

旋轉 世界都為你旋轉
Xuan zhuan shi jie dou wei ni xuan zhuan
Turning, the world is turning for you

不孤單
Bu gu dan
Never lonely

你是我的迷幻 你是我的驚嘆
Ni shi wo de mi huan ni shi wo de jing tan
You are my fantasy, you are my admiration

細緻的感性 大膽的性感
Xi zhi de gan xing da dan de xing gan
A delicate perception, a bold sexiness

你是我的迷幻 你是我的絢爛
Ni shi wo de mi huan ni shi wo de xuan lan
You are my fantasy, you are my gorgeous

細膩的感情 大塊的情感
Xi ni de gan qing da kuai de qing gan
Exquisite feelings, big chunk of emotions

愛 說簡單多簡單
Ai shuo jian dan duo jian dan
Love, how easy is it

說困難多困難
Shuo kun nan duo kun nan
How difficult is it

你明白
Ni ming bai
You understand

迷幻 世界都因你迷幻
Mi huan shi jie dou yin ni mi huan
Colourful, the world is colourful because of you

不平凡
Bu ping fan
Extraordinary

旋轉 世界都為你旋轉
Xuan zhuan shi jie dou wei ni xuan zhuan
Turning, the world is turning for you

不孤單
Bu gu dan
Never lonely

你是我的迷幻 你是我的驚嘆
Ni shi wo de mi huan ni shi wo de jing tan
You are my fantasy, you are my admiration

細緻的感性 大膽的性感
Xi zhi de gan xing da dan de xing gan
A delicate perception, a bold sexiness

你是我的迷幻 你是我的絢爛
Ni shi wo de mi huan ni shi wo de xuan lan
You are my fantasy, you are my gorgeous

細膩的感情 大塊的情感
Xi ni de gan qing da kuai de qing gan
Exquisite feelings, big chunk of emotions

你是我的迷幻 你是我的驚嘆
Ni shi wo de mi huan ni shi wo de jing tan
You are my fantasy, you are my admiration

細緻的感性 大膽的性感
Xi zhi de gan xing da dan de xing gan
A delicate perception, a bold sexiness

你是我的迷幻 你是我的絢爛
Ni shi wo de mi huan ni shi wo de xuan lan
You are my fantasy, you are my gorgeous

細膩的感情 大塊的情感
Xi ni de gan qing da kuai de qing gan
Exquisite feelings, big chunk of emotions

為你迷幻
Wei ni mi huan
It’s a fantasy because of you

3 comments:

  1. When I read that you put so much heart in this translation I tried to make it justice by trying something "new" and I went with the "idea" of matching the pinyin/English subtitles with the Chinese ones... I hope it's readable lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot. :)

      I'm able to read the English words but not so for the pinyin. But I think it's fine. :)

      Delete
  2. I meant "do it justice" I'm tired lol

    ReplyDelete