Saturday, December 15, 2012

我 I - 蔡依林 Jolin Tsai

This is not a song, it's Jolin's life.

After the MV was released on Monday, I've never rewatched it again till today. Because I was afraid I will cry again. It was hard to check my translations with my vision full of tears. This song was surprisingly easy to translate, perhaps because I knew the story so well almost as though it was part of my life. We all have parts of our life which are weak and cowardly. However, true courage comes when you choose to confront it. Sometimes it makes me wonder, will we still have the same Jolin if she hadn't work so hard out of fear that she wouldn't be love? Or her perseverance and resistance has always been part of her?

I hope more fans will get to know Jolin as a true person. She is not just a glamorous princess. And I hope the real Jolin remembers the courage she gave to the other Jolin in the MV. I wish that one day I will get to hear "I" live. She always wants us to have fun at her concerts, I hope she can let us share her sadness too even if we don't understand it.

Without music and dance, am I important?

Song: 我 I
Album: Muse

當退去光鮮外表
Dang tui qu guang xian wai biao
When I remove my glamorous outfit

當我卸下睫毛膏
Dang wo xie xia jie mao gao
When I remove my mascara

脫掉高跟鞋的腳
Tuo diao gao gen xie de jiao
Without high heels on my feet

是否還能站得高
Shi fou hai neng zhan de gao
Will I still be able to stand tall

當一天掌聲變小
Dang yi tian zhang sheng bian xiao
One day when the applause gets softer

可還有人對我笑
Ke hai you ren dui wo xiao
Will there still be people smiling at me

停下歌聲和舞蹈
Ting xia ge sheng he wu dao
Without music and dance

我是否重要
Wo shi fou zhong yao
Am I important

我鏡子裡的她
Wo jing zi li de ta
The person in my mirror

好陌生的臉頰
Hao mo sheng de lian jia
Such an unfamiliar face

哪個我是真的哪個是假
Na ge wo shi zhen de na ge shi jia
Which is the real me, which is the fake

我用別人的愛定義存在
Wo yong bie ren de ai ding yi cun zai
I use the love of others to define my existence

怕生命空白
Pa sheng ming kong bai
Afraid my life will be empty

卻忘了該不該讓夢掩蓋
Que wang le gai bu gai rang meng yan gai
Yet I forget whether I should let dream cover up

當年那女孩
Dang nian na nv hai
That girl from the past

假如你看見我 這樣的我
Jia ru ni kan jian wo zhe yang de wo
If you see me, this side of me

膽怯又軟弱
Dan qie you ruan ruo
Cowardly and weak

會閃躲 還是說
Hui shan duo hai shi shuo
Will you dodge or will you say

你更愛我
Ni geng ai wo
You love me even more

當一天舞台變小
Dang yi tian wu tai bian xiao
One day when the stage becomes smaller

還有誰把我看到
Hai you shui ba wo kan dao
Who will still be able to see me

莫非是我不夠好
Mo fei shi wo bu gou hao
Could it be I am not good enough

誰會來擁抱
Shui hui lai yong bao
Who will come for a hug

我鏡子裡的她
Wo jing zi li de ta
The person in my mirror

好陌生的臉頰
Hao mo sheng de lian jia
Such an unfamiliar face

哪個我是真的哪個是假
Na ge wo shi zhen de na ge shi jia
Which is the real me, which is the fake

我用別人的愛定義存在
Wo yong bie ren de ai ding yi cun zai
I use the love of others to define my existence

怕生命空白
Pa sheng ming kong bai
Afraid my life will be empty

卻忘了該不該讓夢掩蓋
Que wang le gai bu gai rang meng yan gai
Yet I forget whether I should let dream cover up

當年那女孩
Dang nian na nv hai
That girl from the past

假如你看見我 這樣的我
Jia ru ni kan jian wo zhe yang de wo
If you see me, this side of me

膽怯又軟弱
Dan qie you ruan ruo
Cowardly and weak

會閃躲 還是說
Hui shan duo hai shi shuo
Will you dodge or will you say

你更愛我
Ni geng ai wo
You love me even more

我怕沒有人愛 不算存在
Wo pa mei you ren ai bu suan cun zai
I am afraid if no one loves me, I am non existent

生命剩空白
Sheng ming sheng kong bai
My life is left with emptiness

卻忘了我應該誠實對待
Que wang le wo ying gai cheng shi dui dai
Yet I forget I should honestly treat

當年那女孩
Dang nian na nv hai
That girl from the past

假如你看見我 這樣的我
Jia ru ni kan jian wo zhe yang de wo
If you see me, this side of me

窩在個角落
Wo zai ge jiao luo
Curled up at a corner

會閃躲 還是說
Hui shan duo hai shi shuo
Will you dodge or will you say

你更愛我
Ni geng ai wo
You love me even more

會閃躲 還是說
Hui shan duo hai shi shuo
Will you dodge or will you say

你更愛我
Ni geng ai wo
You love me even more

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for a great translation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. translation is an art, u good

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank u so much for translating, this song is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete