Monday, May 11, 2015

A trip to Kaohsiung / Jolin Myself Final Concert - Day 4

I'm suddenly in the mood for Jolin old songs. Totally excited about her upcoming concert, and I'm also worried and paranoid. ._.

15th April 2013

Today is a day of adventures. We visited many places even though we left our hotel room quite late. Haha. While we were on our way to Ximen station, I noticed a shop selling idol merchandises so I had to visit it. To my delight, there were Jolin stuffs there!

I purchased three Jolin ez-link card stickers, this was my personal favourite.
Sadly, none of them lasted very long, they started tearing apart after a while. So I'll make an effort to buy 10 Jolin stickers when I visit Taiwan this year!

I also spotted a Yesung pillow and bought it for my friend. :D

I like buying gifts for people while keeping their interests in mind, I don't really like giving generic gifts like sweets and chocolates.

Look who I spotted on the subway station, Jolin's Adidas advertisement!

Our first stop for the day is Tamsui, with the lovely stretch of sea!



Oh God, I miss my colourful hair.

The streets at Tamsui has more resemblance to a night market than Shilin Night Market. And here's a heroic picture of me taking a photo of Tamsui as a car drives towards me.

We wandered the streets of Tamsui and there were a variety of interesting things to see.

A ninja turtle

A cat postcard captioned "Raise, my subjects".
I took this photo so I could show it to Jolin on weibo. There was some palace drama craze going on back then and we were all addressing Jolin as "Her Majesty".

I had a friendly basketball match with my travel buddy, and I scored 240. ;)

Tried tossing 100 rings but never caught a single thing.

Saw an adorable Rilakkuma dancing.
I know the photo didn't quite capture the essence of it.

Also saw an adorable doggy!

My friend requested for Iron Eggs and I only managed to spot them as we were leaving Tamsui. They were actually quite delicious except for the weird flavours. But I bought too many packets because I wanted to try each flavour. Eventually they were wasted because I didn't manage to finish.

As we exit Tamsui, we spotted a shopping mall and went in to rest.

This was the mall where I bought my Cheshire Cat slippers! :D
But they broke recently. :(

My travel buddy thought it was fair for me to suggest a place to visit next. But I've no plans so I've no idea where to go. So I randomly picked a place with lots of hot springs.

But the train station was decorated beautifully. One look and you know it's a tourist spot haha.


I spotted this interesting notice in the station too.

When we reached Xinbeitou, we saw a beautifully designed architect.
Come, a quick guess what this building is for?

Answer: It's actually a library!

A decoration outside the library

The interior of the library looked even more awesome!



They've English books too. So there's something I can read. Oh wait, I mentioned I'm Chinese. But I'm not really fluent at reading Chinese. :o

I really like the atmosphere of the library. I wouldn't mind staying in the library to enjoy a leisure afternoon for the rest of the day. However, my travel buddy doesn't seem so interested in books so we moved on.

This place reminded me of a Taiwan drama that I watched, which also featured hot springs.

I tried some local food too. The egg was plain.

But the tofu was nice.

My travel buddy grabbed an ice-cream from this store so we sat and ate. And someone brought his pet Parrot out for a walk! I spend a few good moments looking at the Parrot interacting with its owner.

The place that I was intending to go wasn't open. So I took a photo of the gates. :(

After an unfruitful trip at Xinbeitou, we went back to the hotel. There wasn't much stuff to look there but it's an ideal place if you want a casual stroll with minimal people on the streets. 

Look how empty the trains were on our trip back.

Oh wait, what's this photo? I think I dropped my phone at Xinbeitou and my cover had a serious scratch but the phone is still in working condition! Haha.

I was carrying big and small shopping bags for the whole day so my hands were red, tired and sore.

After a little rest in the hotel, we went out for dinner.

We went to Dazzling Cafe for dinner. I don't usually take photo of my food but the food there was truly nice.

Once again, I only ordered the pasta I could read, mentaiko pasta. I've totally no idea what it was until food was served lol. But it was a good choice, it's hard to find a pasta with similar quality after I left the cafe. It seems the cafe was famous for its dessert so I shared one with my friend but I don't really have a sweet tooth.

After dinner, we made use of our last moments in the day to go Taipei 101.

Sadly, most of the shops were already closed.

So we decided to go to the supermarket inside Taipei 101. I was sourcing for my Jolin pepsi bottle/can. I bought one Jolin pepsi bottle from that supermarket during my last trip to Taiwan so I was trying my luck.

No Jolin pepsi bottle was found but I spy beer cans endorsed by Jolin.

So that rounds up our second day at Taipei. So much for not having any plans haha. To be honest, I felt a little conflict with my travel buddy on this day because of our conflicting personalities. Our interests, the places we wanted to visit and our personalities were totally different. I actually don't mind being a follower since my only plan in Taiwan was to go to Jolin's concert. So when my travel buddy asked me to make decisions on some things, I felt I was going out of the way to do it. 

However, my travel buddy was truly nice to me. She knew I couldn't purchase a phone card in Taiwan and I was homesick. So she bought a plan that allows you to call overseas. She lent me her phone and I was overjoyed to hear my grandma's voice from the other end of the line! :D But I barely talked for ten minutes and I used up all the credit. That was weird because in my next trip to Taiwan later in 2013, I've managed to call back home passed ten minutes. o.O

No comments:

Post a Comment